How would you define your personal style?
My personal style I would say is very versitile which is why I can never define it and put myself in one category. I say that because it’s not just one thing, I can go from wearing a very rock/punk inspired outfit to a classy and sophisticated look or just really casual.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends or do you play by your own rules?
I like to keep a balance I like to play by my own rules but also stick to fashion trends at the same time. Not everything that is on trend I will like or will suit me so in that case I’ll just play with and add my own twist. Trends tend to go in and out but following ur own rules will never go out of trend so its best I just balance the two.
Are there any colours that you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
Hmmm, not Really if im honest I like a playful wardrobe but I will say PINK! I say that because every girl at the moment is obsessed with pink/ barbie and I dont want to cross that line mainly because the way i tend to dress is very ‘grown’ and something about pink screams TEEN, but if its a nice shade I’ll deffo go for it.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I’ve always been into clothes, whilst most girls were off buying toys I was with my dad shopping or with my mum getting new clothes. It’s just something that I’ve always loved and it’s even gotten me into trouble the amount of money I spend on clothes. Over the years I’ve grown into my fashion sense more, when I was younger it was just ‘nice clothes’ now its more about style and me.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
It plays a big part, depending on what I’m doing to how I’m feeling but then again saying that some people who know me would say I’m always dressed up. It does depend on how I feel and the day, if it’s a rainy gloomy day or I dont feel like making that effort I will deffo look for the most comfortable and lazy thing in my wardrobe.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I’m not really designer crazy mainly cause my wallet dont stretch that far but I would deffo say Gucci especially their colour block. This season they set the bar very high for this trend, I would love to get my hands on that colour block dress. I would also say Jeffrey Campbell shoes I can spot a Jeffrey Campbell shoe from a mile, they stand out so much and are AMAZING especially the concepts
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- Basic Tees/Tops/Tanks, they go with everything and are just day to day items.
- That one pair of heels that are comfortable. You can have as many killer heels as you wish but sometimes you gotta have that comfy one for day to day
- Lil black dress - every girl must at least have one.
- A nice pair of denim jeans.
- Leggings - simply because it’s lazy, you can literally throw anything with leggings and look half decent.
You can stay in touch with this BGKI at http://coolvintagesoul.tumblr.com/
- neonpinkdaydreams likes this
- avivajaye likes this
- keeponevolving likes this
- africanexistence likes this
- d0rkyg1rl likes this
- therealkokochanel likes this
- cooliediggy likes this
- coolvintagesoul likes this
- i-lovechrisbrown likes this
- runway-street reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- mrsrony reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- unwritten-justice likes this
- obviouslyash likes this
- blackandkillingit posted this