Sandra Aji believes every girl should have a black blazer in her closet, read to find out what other items she says you must have…
What inspires you to blog?
I have been a huge fan of fashion and clothes for as long as I can remember. Due to this strong interest, I started reading a few fashion blogs a few years ago, and this inspired me to start my own.
How would you define your personal style?
My personal style is quite classy and abit laid back at times. I don’t really plan my outfits. I just tend to go with the flow and wear what I like.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
It’s a bit of both really. I read a lot of fashion magazines, and therefore, I tend to read about the current trends. Also, as a wardrobe stylist, It helps to know what is trending at the moment and I incorporate this sometimes when picking out items for upcoming jobs.
However, when it comes to what I wear, I do play by my own rules. A lot of my friends always mention that I tend to buy things that sometimes don’t look great on the hanger, but when I put it together, it looks totally different. So yes, I don’t necessarily buy what most people are going for.
Items to get, what are you searching for right now?
To be honest, I’m not really searching for a particular item right now. I’m a bit of an impulse buyer. I go out to buy a few things, and I end up with bags of stuff. So most times, I don’t have a list of what I’m looking for. Unless it is for a styling job of course.
Are there any colors you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
I don’t really have a colour I shy away from. I think most colours go well with dark skin. So I guess I’m lucky in that aspect lol
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
As a child I wasn’t really into clothes. I grew up with a lot of guys. So I was a bit of a tom boy for a while. I was more into play fighting and playing sports than shopping. I think I started being into clothes when I was about 15.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
Apart from styling and running my business http://www.vinchi.co.uk/Default.asp I also work in an office 3 days a week. Working 3 jobs continuously means I find myself changing clothes quite a lot, especially on the days when I have a meet up with a designer straight after work, or I have an evening shoot.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
Clogs. Hate them. Don’t even like saying the word lol. I also don’t like seeing women not dressing for their body shape. Every woman can look AMAZING as long as you know what works for your body.
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
I think I did once or twice years ago. I don’t have the best memory lol
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I have a very long list lol. Oscar de la renta dresses are simply breathtaking.!!!
Who are your style icons?
To be honest, I don’t really have style icons. Weird right? But there are a few bloggers I feel have great style. Such as StylePantry.com and Songofstyle.com
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- Black Blazer
- Maxi Dress
- Little Black Dress
- High waisted trousers
- Mac Coat
tagged as: Sandra Aji, BGKI, blackandkillingit, Black Blazer, LBD,
- idi0t-impulsive likes this
- lexylovesyou2 reblogged this from devoutfashion
- lexylovesyou2 likes this
- electricbounce likes this
- goddessofcatsandtea likes this
- devoutfashion reblogged this from churchandsnyderphotography
- devoutfashion likes this
- demetriablogs reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- prismonroe reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- churchandsnyderphotography reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- churchandsnyderphotography likes this
- chashingpavements reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- zenathewarriorprincess likes this
- johnettafromcleveland likes this
- chinnychinchin likes this
- goldie7 likes this
- chemistryme likes this
- marlosbags reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- swirlingtides reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- cruxxnblows likes this
- ranuisinuranus likes this
- afrocurves likes this
- pixzeechik reblogged this from black-culture
- thoughtsofafallenpharaoh reblogged this from black-culture
- beccaglass likes this
- courtneycymone likes this
- classkick reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- fantasyorreality likes this
- lorieesturvs reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- blackblonde likes this
- ladyheroin likes this
- desdillinger reblogged this from black-culture
- dirtecash reblogged this from black-culture
- misssasalivingbyfaith likes this
- walkingspanish likes this
- musingsofbee likes this
- crazycopacetic likes this
- thischickeniscold likes this
- thischickeniscold reblogged this from black-culture
- sexheelsandhell likes this
- thefashionigma likes this
- commonsenses13 likes this
- theskyerains reblogged this from reinaafricana
- amorebellavita reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- uniquebeauty612 reblogged this from black-culture
- bulletproofb likes this
- mindofataurus likes this
- icecoldangie likes this
- adaonyekaba reblogged this from blackandkillingit