BGKI stumbled across Jacklyn Laryea and what a treasure indeed…
What inspires you to blog?
When i see something exciting happening in the world of fashion, and knowing what i can contribute to it.
How would you define your personal style?
Eclectic, chic, unique, surprising
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
I never actively follow fashion trends because not all trends are created equal. I def wear what I like and what fits my personality and my body. I personally don’t care what’s in or what’s out. I do know that i’ve loved anything beaded or sequined since I was a baby and will wear them till the day I die!
Item to get, what are you searching for right now?
- spiked motorcycle jacket
Are there any colors you tend to shy away from?
Any pastel colors
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
Black girls have been killing it for years, I think the only difference is that we actually recognize and own it now! Keep killing it ladies!
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I was always into clothes. I used to cut the bottoms of curtains to make clothes for my barbie dolls!
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
There is no “local fashion scene” where I live, but if there was I def would!
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
I’ve always had a creative job, so thankfully, I’ve been able to wear whatever I want to work.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
Harem pants and people wearing trends that do not suit their bodies or personalities.
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
My grand-mother was a seamstress, so it runs in the family! I’m also a fashion illustrator, so designing is not too far-fetched for me.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I really admire the legacy of Alexander Mcqueen because i think he is a true artist and a risk taker. he always did exactly what he wanted and found ways to bring his creativity and artistry onto his runway shows. He was consistently fresh, exciting and pushing the envelope. I’m also a huge fan of Marchesa because i think the craftsmanship and intricacy of the clothing is always out of this world. Both Mcqueen and Marchesa (As far away as they might be for the other) have a diligence and a dedication to the brand and the craft that, I think, is inspirational.
Who are your style icons?
There are so many! if i had to pick i would say: a young Elizabeth Taylor, Edie Sedwick, Olsen twins and Nicole Richie 2008-present.
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- a great sense of style (that sells ANYTHING)
- great eyeliner
- motorcycle jacket or blazer that fits you like a glove
- killer 6 inch heels
- a go to purse/handbag
tagged as: Jacklyn Laryea, BGKI, blackandkillingit, Interview, Alexander McQueen, Marchesa, motorcycle jacket,
- pinksuns reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- ibleedwhilebecoming likes this
- nicholeissobored reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- soulsentwined likes this
- neoafrican likes this
- chicenoire reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- mochadivadelux reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- yakuzo likes this
- lesbilicious-amazon likes this
- thatstheespot reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- simplyarealist likes this
- nakeddiary reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- theawkwardxenoglossophile likes this
- iamjulisanicole likes this
- fashionsambapita likes this
- simplysanmdoe likes this
- sweetambrosius likes this
- words-thoughts-deeds likes this
- summerholic likes this
- zarithelostlegend likes this
- uh-lee-uh likes this
- rhythmjunkie likes this
- tha-htwnbelle reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- reciprocal likes this
- onthephattrack likes this
- usaynappylikeitsabadthing likes this
- blackandkillingit posted this