Attorney Jillian shares with BGKI her sense of style…
What inspires you to blog?
I’ve always been a lover of fashion and art. Unfortunately, my profession doesn’t allow me to be too artistic so I use clothes as a way to express my artistic side. Plus, I love meeting new people and blogging is an excellent way to do that.
How would you define your personal style?
For the most part, I just wear what I love. That usually involves pretty dresses, jeans, and heels. I’m always attracted to classic pieces that have unique elements.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
Hmmm… a little of both. I subscribe to a ton of magazines and love looking at the trends. If a trend speaks to me, I’m definitely on board. However, I’m not afraid to play by my own rules.
Items to get, what are you searching for right now?
- A structured bag (I love love love Fendi’s Peekaboo bag)
- Strappy sandals
- The perfect white silk button down shirt
Are there any colors you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
I’ll try any color once.
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
I think of a woman that is completely confident in who she is and what she likes. A woman that is confident in her abilities and knows that height, weight, complexion, hair, and other superficial things are not indicators of beauty. A woman that knows that she is beautifu just because she says so.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I’ve been playing in my mom’s closet since I could remember. My mom loved fashion too, so I’ve always been around her and have adopted quite a few of her fashion mantras.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
I’ve definitely been to Miami Fashion Week a couple of times, but I haven’t been as active as I would like to be. That’s one of my New Years Resolutions.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
I wear a lot of suits to work so I’m usually drawn to pieces that can transition easily from day to night.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
LOL. I guess that I absolutely hate ill fitting jeans. Crack is definitely whack!
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
My mom is a great seamstress. She’s tried to show me a couple things over the years, but I’m definitely not as good as she is. I can fix a button and hem my skirts pretty well though.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
For quick outfits to wear to a dinner I always fly to the BCBG store. There’s always something there. I’m also in love with Banana Republic and J Crew.
Who are your style icons?
Overall: My mommy
Celebrity: Victoria Beckham
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- killer pair of heels
- crisp white shirt
- great pair of dark wash jeans
- black cocktail length dress
- pair of cute flats
tagged as: Jillian, BGKI, blackandkillingit, Interview, Victoria Beckham, J Crew, Banana Republic,
- fashiondevotee likes this
- dcpolitrix reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- zeenieinabottle likes this
- fashion-je-taime reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- goodgirlconfessions reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- happinessandnappiness likes this
- juicytruth likes this
- notnessa likes this
- detoun reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- detoun likes this
- thisismekiwi reblogged this from ishootemdown
- ishootemdown reblogged this from ifeelelizabeth
- naturallyblessedhair likes this
- ifeelelizabeth reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- tiffanylikesyou likes this
- mycolourcoateddream reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- kinkeereggae reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- emotionallydamagedxx likes this
- beautstrong reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- hannahbeex3 likes this
- mstasha likes this
- naunimoon likes this
- buissieness likes this
- swagandpassion likes this
- amoreerachel reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- nextstoprequested likes this
- thatblckgrl reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- lookpeople likes this
- blackman56k likes this
- bulletproofb likes this
- redefined-beauty likes this
- fitfashionlife reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- om4ir4 likes this
- theambitiouskool likes this
- mscamyakafattums reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- jannayvonne reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- thinkersunite likes this
- just-sunshine likes this
- daniellemone likes this
- naturallytailored likes this
- methebushandus likes this
- sheabutterproductions likes this
- homelessrapper likes this
- prettypatienceb reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- illescapist likes this
- emilyofthestate likes this
- hot-diggity-dawg reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- bentleyfckin-gt reblogged this from thelifeofmeleelee
- ashleestyle likes this
- iheartchanti likes this