BGKI caught up with Superwoman, I think you normal folk call her Brandee Evans…
What inspires you to blog?
As an English teacher, I have always enjoyed writing. I love that blogs allow you to express yourself. Blogging gives me a sense of freedom.
How would you define your personal style?
My style is edgy and funky with a lot of sass.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
I always play by my own rules.
Items to get, what are you searching for right now?
- Always a higher heel
- That perfect pair of leggings
- A fierce dress for Valentine’s Day (I plan to pick that up in Japan)
Are there any colors you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
I don’t dislike any colors- as long as it looks good I wear it.
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
I think of an African American woman, who has a great sense of style and is comfortable with who she is.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
Yes, I was always into clothes. I used to write down what I wore to school, and tried not to repeat it. I did most of my shopping sprees in LA during the summer because I didn’t want to see anyone in my clothes.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
It depends. If it’s something that defines my personal style, yes I follow the trends. If not, no I do not.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
I am like Barbie. I have different wardrobes for different things. It varies. I will be in a teacher wardrobe one day, a funky dancer, the next, and sporty on others. My clothing depends on the role I am playing for that day.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
Kitten heels make me gag! Quite frankly, they are disrespectful.
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
I designed my wedding dress. My mother in law brought my design to life.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I wear what looks good on my body, I absolutely love Michael Kors, Armani, Giuseppe Zanotti, and Jovani
Who are your style icons?
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Moss, Jennifer Lopez, and Beyonce to name a few.
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- Of course a little black dress
- Fierce stilettos
- A funky jacket
- My car power outlet (so I can flat iron my hair at any moment)
- Lip gloss
tagged as: Brandee Evans, choreographer, dancer, BGKI, Interview, blackandkillingit, Michael Kors, Beyonce,
- naturalobs3ssion reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- kendracozier likes this
- rugah5 likes this
- itsallaboutme52 likes this
- 535sadia likes this
- jonisetorre likes this
- sweetambrosius likes this
- yakuzo likes this
- kandykanga reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- notyourexpectations likes this
- zzinvictus likes this
- da4fs reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- bashfulbeautyy reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- msbeautifullone likes this
- jiffycupcakes likes this
- dezzibear89 reblogged this from newdawntwisted
- thecoldesttruth likes this
- boriquageek likes this
- chrissyspeaks reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- mesooncome reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- newdawntwisted reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- simplyarealist likes this
- jaiking reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- blackandkillingit posted this