Zimbabwean British blogger Ngoni Chikwenengere tell us about her style…
What inspires you to blog?
I live in a small town so fashion here is pretty limited so I use my blog as an outlet to engage with like minded people
How would you define your personal style?
I wake up and thrown on whatever feels right according to my mood, I go from full on gothic to girly and womanly and everything in between.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
I play by my own rules by that I mean if I like it and it suits me I’m going to wear it despite what anyone else thinks.
Items to get, what are you searching for right now?
- Balenciaga Glycine bag
- Micheal Kors Chronoragh in Rose Gold
- The perfect pair of black jeans
Are there any colors you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
I wear alot of black so I’m trying very hard to bring more colour to my wardrobe.
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
I think of a Black Girl who wears what she wants with attitude looks fantastic and confident while wearing it.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I’ve always been into clothes, fashion was always an expressive thing for me/
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
My town doesn’t have one as yet but I’m pretty active in London, I work with new designers, promote brands and ofcourse the fashion events.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
I’m currently an Art student at university and start Fashion in September so I wear what I want, also as I’m surrounded by other artists I tend to dress a little crazier.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
Girls who dress the same, I hate seeing a friendship group and they all look the same.
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
I can sew and design, I can’t wait to start my own label as I find some clothing just don’t fit my curvy shape.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
- Alexander Wang < laid back cool
- Hussein Chalayan < his work just inspires me and of course
- Mary Katrantzou and Erdem< they’re work is feminine but tailored.
Who are your style icons?
Wow this is hard everyone inspires me my favourite quote says “I am a combined effort of everyone that I have ever known.” by Sierra Luella.
…but at a push I’d have to say the delectable Tracy Ellis Ross, Julia Sarr-Jamois, Solange Knowles, Zoe Kravitz and ofcourse my Mother.
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- trench coat because what outfit isn’t instantly elevated with a trench.
- A great pair of flats for me thats my studded loafers and creepers they go with anything and a comfy but hot pair of flats.
- An awesome bag.
- The perfect foundation.
- A whole lot of confidence.
tagged as: Ngoni Chikwenengere, BGKI, blackandkillingit, Interview, Sierra Luella, Tracy Ellis Ross, Solange Knowles,
- ibleedhearts likes this
- faysbook likes this
- thefatandskinny reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- mildredbod8 likes this
- justtracey likes this
- buzzzzinghoneybee likes this
- iamnrc reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- squidneyola reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- sheswonderful reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- colorfulrambunction likes this
- frenchdemeanor reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- titotito likes this
- rxforfashion likes this
- supernoddybodii likes this
- arbitersong likes this
- alienswagg likes this
- blackandkillingit posted this