Our latest fashionista is Quani, read what she says inspires her…
What inspires you to blog?
Initially my blog was a challenge to document what I wore each weekend (which are my social nights) in an effort to evolve my personal style. As time has gone on it has become more important to me to encourage and inspire ladies who look like me to recognize that who and what they are is beautiful and the only person that gets to choose how they feel about themselves, is them!
How would you define your personal style?
I would describe my personal style a little prissy, a lot of sassy but most of all comfortable to ME!! It’s all about making what works for you, WERK!
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
I have never really been one for fashion trends in fact most of the time I will purposely go in the opposite direction. However as I have gotten older I have more appreciation for trends. I think it is about having a good mixture of trend and unique style.
Items to get, what are you searching for right now?
- ♥ A GOOD head wrap
- ♥ Mini Skirts
- ♥ The perfect little black dress
Are there any colors you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
My first thought would be red but it’s not so much that I shy away from it…I just like to balance it out well with neutral colors
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
A woman of color who emits confidence and boldness in every way, down to her attire! I think if you don’t wear something with the right state of thinking, the outfit will in turn wear you. A BGKI never allows that to happen!!
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I have always had my own personal style, it started off a little… all over the place. But it wasn’t until after college (when I could afford the clothes I wanted) that I really took an interest in how to further express myself through fashion.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
No, not really. I have a lot of friends who are very fashion savvy and we hang out…lol…but that is as far as it goes.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
My mood GREATLY affects what I will put on. I am usually waiting around until the last second for inspiration to hit me before I get dressed.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
Ill fitting jeans and no belt. I hate to see a woman stand up and all I see is plumber’s crack! lol. That move right there can mess up a perfectly good outfit. (unless that was her intention…then more power to her.)
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
When I was in college I use to convert old jeans into skirts and cut up t-shirts for parties for some extra cash. I did pretty well. lol.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I am a fan of Monif C. dresses. There is something very feminine and inclusive about her clothing. She doesn’t leave out the sexy just because her market is plus size women. I appreciate any designer who understands that Thick Chicks are sexy!
Who are your style icons?
Well…for starters…Ms Piggy…lol…She shuts it down! But i’m also inspired by Tyra Banks, Fluvia Lacerda, Rihanna, and she’s new to it but Amber Riley.
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- ♥ nude heels
- ♥ great lipstick (preferably red)
- ♥ At least one “Freak em” dress
- ♥ perfect pair of jeans
- ♥ a favorite nail polish
tagged as: BGKI, Interview, Quani, weekendfatshionista, Miss Piggy, Fluvia Lacerdam, Rihanna, Tyra Banks, Amber Riley,
- gtfdredvh likes this
- cancer2184 likes this
- soilmind likes this
- thick-chicks-are-amazing reblogged this from planetofthickbeautifulwomen
- thick-chicks-are-amazing likes this
- darelljs likes this
- coochiemonstamyko likes this
- lhpoemsthepoet likes this
- planetofthickbeautifulwomen reblogged this from iamerinlee
- planetofthickbeautifulwomen likes this
- docdidit likes this
- natisparanoia likes this
- teashalalala likes this
- brittanythebeautiful likes this
- iamerinlee reblogged this from plumpprettypisces and added:
- iamerinlee likes this
- plumpprettypisces reblogged this from wearethickmadams
- wearethickmadams reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- swimminginmymind reblogged this from bigbeautifulblackgirls
- fabulous-n-natural likes this
- naturallyrandom likes this
- itsmejanielle likes this
- misspoetry101 reblogged this from bigbeautifulblackgirls
- susuheartu likes this
- healingmyheart likes this
- dafckinspot likes this
- whiteburger likes this
- curvy-sexy reblogged this from voluptuousambitions
- ashleynelltipton likes this
- lovedreammusic likes this
- praisethepussy likes this
- overnightscratchmarks likes this
- pologoonies likes this
- kawaiiflowerchild reblogged this from voluptuousambitions
- voluptuousambitions reblogged this from shavedheadsmysticred
- dollface-galactica reblogged this from bigbeautifulblackgirls and added:
- vivalacurve likes this
- thefilthiestofcharms likes this
- mrsciararaeblog reblogged this from shavedheadsmysticred
- xxitsasurprisexx reblogged this from goldielockswithswagg and added:
- curves-are-beauty likes this
- curves-are-beauty reblogged this from bigbeautifulblackgirls
- thataintthis likes this
- queendoura reblogged this from shavedheadsmysticred
- queendoura likes this
- afrobunny reblogged this from bigbeautifulblackgirls and added:
- afrobunny likes this
- appulsauce likes this
- faithofan-angel reblogged this from shavedheadsmysticred