BGKI caught up with Stephanie Nnamani right before she slayed some streets…
How would you define your personal style?
Eclectic and mood-driven.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
I strive to establish a balance between both. I always thought it wise to incorporate your character in all that you do, including following trends and choose wisely.
Are there any colours you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
Brown. It is an incredibly dull and plain colour.
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
An image of strength being expressed in confidence
Do you accept anyone’s critique or are you confident in your style choices?
I am a child of solitude. I seldom seek or consider the critique of others, but that doesn’t mean I don’t seek it at times. For the most part, I seldom permit the perception of others to cripple my reality in any way.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
Yes. I attended a private school up until middle school, so consequently I wore a uniform. On the weekends, however, my mom would let me dress myself. I had a fascination with swimsuits, as well as an abundance of ‘em, though I never learned to swim.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
No, I do not.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
Being that I am a college student with early morning classes, I try to construct my outfit the night before, the morning of, or while in the shower.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
I suppose when people willfully follow trends as it is without employing an element of their character. When friendships are formed strictly on the premise of common love for fashion in an effort to fulfill the superficial aspect of things. Speaking from experience and observation, those friendships potentially do not have longevity or authenticity. And lastly, the over-saturation of Jeffrey Campbell’s “Lita’s”. However grand those shoes are in structure, they are not built to fit and appeal to every anatomy in existence. Part of expressing one’s self through the art of style and fashion is the awareness of what suits and accentuates your body type. Proportion is key.
What is your favourite trend right now?
I have none.
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
Yes, I do fashion illustrations as well as alter certain items of clothing to appeal to proportion. Proportion is key.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
The works of Alexander Wang
Your five must-haves as a girl:
I do not fulfill the typical frame of a girly-girl. The most feminine thing about me is the fact that I’m avid wearer of lipstick. So it’s perfectly logical for me to state:
You can stay in touch with this BGKI at http://teffthedon.tumblr.com/
tagged as: Stephanie Nnamani, teffthedon, tefftopia, BGKI, Interview, blackandkillingit,
- spicycakes11 likes this
- keyshiaelainne likes this
- boomshackalacka242 reblogged this from sakemajael
- sakemajael reblogged this from darknesse
- lovingloveslove likes this
- chinaija reblogged this from nnescorner
- unisexgvt reblogged this from imfuckinbeautiful
- blkcowrie likes this
- imfuckinbeautiful reblogged this from nnescorner
- darknesse reblogged this from nnescorner
- oddolescent likes this
- eccentricsoul likes this
- remytatted reblogged this from nnescorner
- daryatheexplorer likes this
- drunkcrow reblogged this from nnescorner
- nnescorner reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- ishoeholic reblogged this from af-ikmullah
- redefined-beauty reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- af-ikmullah reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- iheartmusique reblogged this from jay-oh-why
- obey-lo reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- jonisetorre likes this
- youaintgoldlikeme reblogged this from jay-oh-why
- piiwa-lou reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- brokebillionaire reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- veesounique reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- into-the-insanity likes this
- loveontopknot likes this
- naturallyunique likes this
- meekz0411 likes this
- jay-oh-why reblogged this from kingofthehippies
- talenteddassa likes this
- kristenkash likes this
- somaliprincess likes this
- bilgisxismail reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- trustinonika reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- trustinonika likes this
- fuckthefashionhooker reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- ohemaajosephinex3 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- kingofthehippies reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- valianceandothervirtues likes this
- youngworldstella reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- cottonomz likes this
- keep-the-goodvibes-goin reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- popitfadatnigga likes this
- theprettylittlewallflower reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- rye-anna likes this
- blackandkillingit posted this