How would you define your personal style?
That’s kinda hard…I’d say something along the lines of casual street wear chic. I’ve always had an infatuation with guy clothes,casual & formal wear. I’m also very adament on being seen as a lady, so fuse that with me being a pretty causal dresser.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends or do you play by your own rules?
I am totally influenced by fashion trends, but they aren’t always current fashion trends. I usually make my own interpretation of them. I mean, 75% of my wardrobe is probably thrifted & vintage, so my looks are never an exact a mirror image of what is currently trendy.
Are there any colours you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
Not particularly! I love colors. Maybe certain typical color combos,like red/black/white,because they often get abused…I’m starting to appreciate them though. All black shoes used to reeeeeally annoy me as well.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
As a child my mom kept me in alot of sets or doing the whole matching thing with one of my older sisters. I think around the age of 12/13 is when I started to develop the foundation of who I am now. Being in New York City and being on video sets, photo shoots, and show rooms…I started learning the importance of appearance then came my fashion sense a couple years later.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
Living in Chicago the chillier season are frost like, so I’ve developed a problem with sometimes layering no matter what the weather is.lol…but my literal day-day life I have to look a bit more chic than street for my position because the boutique I work at is more “upscale” so it challenges me to look the part that the owner wants.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I am big on trying to convey to the public that fashion is about more than a popular designer/label. I spent a period of time being very preppy so Ralph Lauren is something I can spot amile away & will always have a place in my heart. Vintage Dior gets me every time; I own a few Marc Jacobs pieces that I love, and honestly Liz Claiborne.
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- a great pair of sunglasses, quality over quantity.
- a go to nail color
- opague tights
- a quality watch
- a formal dress
You can stay in touch with this BGKI at http://fashiondiaryofjb0w.tumblr.com/
tagged as: BGKI, Interview, blackandkillingit, Jay Forbes,
- curiouscurls likes this
- imagein likes this
- pinkcurlyrose reblogged this from ilovemaicurls
- thisisevak likes this
- jadoxo reblogged this from ilovemaicurls
- drhiphop reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- jennabeingjenna likes this
- alionandrose likes this
- ohmynaturalness likes this
- tenaciousshawty likes this
- cheecheefourchange likes this
- sincerelyjass likes this
- usaynappylikeitsabadthing likes this
- jovgreen reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- nikki-freakin-fabulous reblogged this from ilovemaicurls
- sarahrain22 likes this
- oddgurl-curls likes this
- simplylocd likes this
- mbtlove likes this
- beyoutifulmahogany reblogged this from ilovemaicurls
- pinkaddicted92 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- fashionlovesmoi likes this
- rickysuavemami likes this
- ilovemaicurls reblogged this from obianuju96 and added:
- emmmx reblogged this from obianuju96
- tengopaz likes this
- jonisetorre likes this
- veryveryvintage reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- obianuju96 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- africanessence likes this
- wiildsexandhermeswishes likes this
- kempwakeup likes this
- obianuju96 likes this
- blackandkillingit posted this