Her name’s Remi Afolabi but I prefer to call this Black Girl Killing It “Ms. Blazer” and I’m sure you can tell why…
How would you define your personal style?
My style changes A LOT, call me a chameleon :) I like to experiment with different looks, but I mainly like to keep it simple & CHIC.
Do you find that you follow fashion trends or do you play by your own rules?
The weird thing is I will start wearing things that will be in trend the next season lol, I like playing by my own rules. I tend to wear what I want most of time, anything that I am comfortable in. Sometimes when I’m flicking through a fashion mag, and I see a trend I like, I may try it out. I want to be a fashion stylist so knowing the current trends helps.
Are there any colours you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
I remember I would always stick to the safe colours such as brown, beige, khaki, white and black (which I still love, love, love), but as I have said earlier, I have been experimenting with different looks which tend to involve bright colours such as red, orange and yellow. I hate PINK though, since I was a little girl I just couldn’t be friends with the colour lol. I don’t own anything pink in my wardrobe!
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
Oh I was always into clothes! My mum told me that I would raid her wardrobe and strut around in her clothes and my dad would take photgraphs of me as if it were a real photoshoot! In my early teens (I’m still in my teens lol), people would tell me I had a nice a sense of style and I guess from there, I became more and more interested in fashion and the way I styled myself.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
I try not to let day to day things restrict the way I dress. I have places like work and church I have to go to and I express my style however. British weather is dominated by the autumn/winter seasons and that has fully adapted into my wardrobe so that is why you will always spot me wearing a blazer in the middle of summer lol. My mood actually has less of an influence on what I pick out of my wadrobe to wear.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I haven’t got the money that can reach out to buying big designer labels and although I love looking at the catwalk collections i’d rather stick to my ‘high street fashion’ as us Londoners call it! I love Zara, H&M, Topshop shops like that. I would say my favourite fashion designer however is Alexander Wang, I just love his use of the forever loved Androgynous (girl-boy) trend and his chic, simple designs.
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- A Blazer - they are very versatile
- Super skinny jeans
- Black Killer/Comfortable heels
- Plain tees - any colour
- Button down shirt/Blouse
You can stay in touch with this BGKI at http://remstaa.tumblr.com/
tagged as: BGKI, blackandkillingit, Interview, remstaa.tumblr.com, Remi Afolabi,
- laruedustyle reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- mssanowa reblogged this from pinkaddicted92
- breeluvd reblogged this from abroadsjunkie
- chicenoire reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- chicenoire likes this
- buzzzzinghoneybee reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- thegoodybag likes this
- africanbeaute reblogged this from abroadsjunkie
- dee-vineanonyme likes this
- soooyoumadnow likes this
- fashionfindz likes this
- juniep likes this
- aplaceinmymind likes this
- intellectualfashionmonster likes this
- breezerfern likes this
- abroadsjunkie reblogged this from divarayfullofbeauty
- pinkaddicted92 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- divarayfullofbeauty reblogged this from vbad
- vbad reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- vbad likes this
- g-elle-a likes this
- princessminch reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- shirraemanuelle reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- whatwhereisthefashion likes this
- acid-dr0pz reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- brokebillionaire likes this
- thirty9-momoken reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- thewizardofodd likes this
- givemeanewspine likes this
- jkaoirkouture likes this
- paradoxicalanomalies likes this
- unoahdivoe likes this
- thesenseamongthecommon likes this
- blackandkillingit posted this