I would have to say that Breeny Lee was the first dark-skinned girl on tumblr that I saw on Tumblr that when I saw her, my jaw dropped. Check out her basic opinions on Fashion & Style in her interview with Black Girls Killing It.
How would you define your personal style?
I would describe my personal style as; Experimental meets bohemian chic meets Indie
Do you find that you follow fashion trends or do you play by your own rules?
I wouldn’t say I followed trends at all, I could wear something I bought last year or two years ago just because I still liked it and it still works, I don’t know any trends that I have followed consciously its all about being and doing you! Thats the most beautiful thing about having your own “Style” its not forced it just comes naturally, sometimes when I like a certain trend I would probably just remix it to fit my own current style.
Are there any colours you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
Most of the rainbow apart from Red and Blue, I just don’t like them I feel kiddish when I wear bright colours.
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
DOING THEIR THING!
Do you accept anyone’s critique or are you confident in your style choices?
I’m confident and know my style and how I dress and what is appropriate but If someone was to criticise it I would hear them out but if I don’t agree I would ignore it.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I don’t remember much of my childhood but I do remember almost being permanently excluded from high school because I refused to stick with uniform procedures even now, I can’t be told what to wear, I wear what I want. Looking back on past photos like 2008 obviously now they aren’t my best but I realise and notice that at the time I was setting the trends.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
I participate in everything fashion even down to the smallest details, When people have a conversation with me even outsiders they never fail to mention fashion, I study fashion at one of the Worlds best fashion schools; London College of Fashion five days a week and when I am not studying it I am living it, Whether it be modelling or interning at PR companies I am surrounded by Fashion 24/7, I think its the best place to be.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
Fashion events on the weekends you always have to look your best, On a day to day basis, Every girl needs a pair of denim shorts, I just prefer Levi’s lol I wear them nearly everyday they are easy to just throw on and they go with everything! Strangely at the moment I am all about comfort, I used to wear heels to school all the time but now I can’t be bothered! I don’t know if that answered the question :p
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
EVERYONE JUMPING ON VINTAGE CLOTHING BECAUSE IT USED TO BE EXCLUSIVE NOW PEOPLE JUST ABUSE IT.
What is your favourite trend right now?
I really love the coloured Faux fur for A/W !!
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
Of course, I’m a designer I’ve been sewing for 5 years.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
I’m not a fan of designer clothing but I do love Jeremy Scott his clothes are fun!
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- Denim Shorts
- Round Sunglasses
- Leather Biker Jacker
- Jeffrey Campbell Lita’s
You can stay in touch with this BGKI at http://www.dollsscrapbook.com/
tagged as: BGKI, blackandkillingit, Breeny Lee, dollsscrapbook.com, Interview,
- denizsadecedeniz likes this
- lovevintagecoffee reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- nicolefenty likes this
- pinkaddicted92 reblogged this from mssanowa
- mssanowa reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- ceejaystar likes this
- lipan-conjuring likes this
- weltabgewandt likes this
- jeriorlizorart likes this
- citlalyy likes this
- bossyant reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- bossyant likes this
- jonisetorre likes this
- jkaoirkouture likes this
- rayameerica likes this
- lenaviviana likes this
- mndc2013 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- dashiapearson likes this
- angeldsm likes this
- mulannoir likes this
- 081694 likes this
- libbypop likes this
- l0vekaylaa reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- iammybias likes this
- devoutfashion likes this
- daejavu likes this
- soliloquiesofchaos likes this
- kingmorning reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- keepingitrealalways reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- blackandkillingit reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- mayavelli reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- chopandchange89 likes this
- fashionlove416 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- airdiary likes this
- liiivefastdiiiepretty reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- jayneofalltrades reblogged this from blackandkillingit and added:
- iamfashionng reblogged this from warning-pleasecaution
- followlexo reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- sexycrazycool said: This girl sounds ridiculously arrogant
- totheeye reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- kiahgrace likes this
- javaniamwebb reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- freshmouthgoddess reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- sheabutterproductions likes this
- lionstigersandfears likes this
- ellecloves likes this
- maineyx3 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- styleest-eternel likes this
- warning-pleasecaution reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- warning-pleasecaution likes this