How would you define your personal style?
I’ll say simple and sophisticated. I’m not one to try too many crazy things
Do you find that you follow fashion trends, or do you play by your own rules?
I won’t say i follow fashion trends really because I could wake up one day and feel like wearing an outfit people might say is so 2008, I would wear whatever I feel like wearing whenever i feel like, as long as i’m comfortable, and I look good :).
Are there any colours you tend to shy away from, and if so why?
White…eek lool not a big fan of white…I’ll try basically any color but when it comes to White i’ll have to think twice.
When you hear the term “Black Girl Killing It” what comes to mind?
Black girls that are KILLING it literally :)
Do you accept anyone’s critique or are you confident in your style choices?
Definitely, I accept people’s critique, but that doesn’t necessarily mean i change my style because of what they say.
As a child were you always into clothes or did you grow into your own fashion sense?
I’ve always been into clothes, I remember I used to play dress up and ask my uncles to take pictures of me. But, as I grew older, my fashion sense got better.
Do you participate in your local fashion scene?
Yes, I do :). I’m a model and i participate in basically anything fashion related here; from shows (fashion week included) to shoots to fashion events etc.
How does your day to day life factor into your wardrobe choices?
Well most of the time i’m in school, and i wear whatever makes me feel good each day. Other times, I’m at casting, shows, fittings, and then you see me in either all black or leggings and a crop top. I also have the days when I’m just in the mood to go all out…looking fancy and all.
What is your greatest fashion pet peeve?
People that sag their pants too low. That irks me!
What is your favourite trend right now?
Maxi skirts, crop tops, and sky high platforms :D love love love them.
Have you ever tried your hand at design or sewing?
No I haven’t, but i want to learn how to sew. I would love to make some clothes for myself, nothing too serious though.
Are there any designers that you like to wear or whose clothing stands out with you?
Vivienne Westwood. If i ever decide to get married she MUST design my wedding dress :D
Your five must-haves as a girl:
- LBD (little black dress) is a must have especially for me as a model
- black pumps…oh I love my heels…nothing less than 5.5 inches though :)
- denim shorts
- maxi skirt
- leggings :)
You can stay in touch with a BGKI at http://iwillsuceed.tumblr.com/
tagged as: BGKI, blackandkillingit, iwillsuceed, Interview,
- oreosandheartbreaks likes this
- dailydoseoffashion reblogged this from ma-cachette
- ma-cachette reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- theyellowwolf reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- qmuziq likes this
- quirrkyy likes this
- thekitahisheart likes this
- ranuisinuranus likes this
- cheecheefourchange likes this
- zenafashionstalker likes this
- lovemychocolate likes this
- freak-um reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- chinnychinchin likes this
- ghanaisme likes this
- rohanrob reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- madamjaja likes this
- out-of-season reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- beyondbeauttyx0 reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- dunsinsfaces reblogged this from blackandkillingit
- blackandkillingit posted this